Romanian state-owned rail infrastructure manager, CFR SA has received six offers in the EUR 9.5 million tender for “Feasibility study for the rehabilitation of Craiova-Drobeta Turnu Severin-Caransebes railway section, part of Orient/East-Med Corridor” project.
The six consortia and companies that have submitted offers are:
– ITALFERR SpA – SC ISPCF – SC ITALROM Ing SRL
– ACCIONA Ingenieria SA – BAICONS Impex SRL
– SYSTRA SA -SC IRIMAT CONS SRL
– 3ti – Progetti Italia – Ingeneria integrata Spa – Egis Rail SA
– CONSIS PROIECT SRL
The aim of the project is to prepare the documentation for the feasibility study with standards imposed by European corridors and the immediate launch of tender procedures for the design and execution of works on that section. Modernisation works of the railway section part of Arad – Caransebeş – Craiova – Calafat line are expected to be launched in the Autumn of 2017.
The project objectives are:
i) Modernization of the railway in accordance with the Technical specifications for Interoperability (TSI) and with the foreseen traffic demand for national and international rail passenger and freight transport:
– 25 kV double line electrified
– controlled by ERTMS (ETCS level II + GSM-R) system,
– minimum axle load 22.5 tons / axle
– the possibility of operating 740 m long trains in all stations
– 40 meters long, high platforms in all stations,
– civil works in stations
– travel speeds of 100-120 km / h for freight trains and 120-160 km / h for passenger trains.
ii) Modernisation of the electrification systemon the entire line (in power system 25kV);
iii) Increasing transport capacity
iv) by implementing the project , the railway line will be in accordance with the technical parameters
required by the standards and European legislation in force.