Romanian state-owned rail infrastructure manager CFR SA has awarded FCC-Astaldi-Convensa venture a EUR 584 million contract for rehabilitation works on Gurasada – Simeria railway (Section 3), segment of Frontiera (Border) – Curtici – Simeria railway section, part of the pan-European Corridor IV.
Funding for this project is provided under the Large Infrastructure Operational Programme (POIM) 2014-2020, contributing to the objective concerning the modernization of the northern branch of rail Corridor IV connecting Curtici – Brasov – Constanta, as well to achieving the planned absorption of EU funds.
Gurasada – Simeria rail segment has a length of 40,883 km and is part of 614 Km – Radna – Simeria rail section.
Works for the rehabilitation and the modernisation of double electrified line will include:
- Increasing the speed of passenger trains to 160 km / h;
- Infrastructure works and railway superstructure
- 17 bridges (including 3 over Mures center opening more than 110 m), 27 bridges, four overpasses, three underpasses;
- Electrification & power supply (including traction substations fed from the national grid to 27.5 kv or 25 kv and SCADA system for telemanagement )
- signalling systems (electronic interlocking), 170 switches
- ERTMS (ETCS level 2 + GSMR) system including RBS (Radio Block Center);
- civil engineering works 8 stations (including commercial stops and other stops).