In March, FYR Macedonia will launch tender for provision of supervisory services on the upgrade of the Bitola-Kremenica railway section, announced the Central Financing and Contracting Department, Ministry of Finance, Skopje. The maximum budget is1 000 000 EUR.
The purpose of this contract is to provide supervision services for reconstruction of the non-electrified single-track railway section Bitola–Kremenica of a length of app. 17 km, from corridor Xd, as part of corridor X in accordance with FIDIC ‘Conditions of contract for building and engineering works designed by the employer’, first edition 1999 — FIDIC ‘Red Book’.
The consultant shall ensure that services for supervision shall be in accordance with all the requirements for quality control, control of quantities, supervision of the work progress, analyses of expenses, implementation of the environmental criteria as well as working on administrative questions during the rehabilitation works and defect liability period.
The works on this section of the railway line include the following main activities:
– renewal of app. 17 km (from km 129,310 to km 146,190) of the permanent way increasing the bearing capacity;
– construction of 1 station at Zabeni and 1 halt at Kravari including track alignment (sidings);
– 10 level crossings in this section will be converted into secured level crossings;
– 6 existing bridges to be demolished and constructed anew;
– 3 existing bridges to be demolished and replaced with culverts;
– belonging signalling, telecommunication and ERTMS (level 1).
– Design speed is 100 km/h, axle load: 22,5 tonnes, structural gauge: UIC C. The subject section will be closed for railway operations during the performance of the works.
Source* TED; photo*wikipedia.org/