A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on 19.8. 2014 at Rail Bhawan, New Delhi between the Ministry of Railways of the Republic of India and Czech Railways (Ceske Drahy) of the Czech Republic and Association of Czech Railway Industry (ACRI) of the Czech Republic on Technical Cooperation in the field of railway sector by Shri Arunendra Kumar, Chairman/Railway Board and H.E. Miloslav Stasek, Ambassador of Czech Republic.
The potential cooperation areas mentioned in the MoU are Freight operations
– Logistics of automotive transport
– Passenger operations – raising of speeds upto 200 kmph
– Infrastructure building and management – station development and workshop modernization
– Information & communication technologies especially for passenger amenities
– Modernisation of rolling stock; Modernisation of signalling & telecom etc.
The MoU is valid for a period of three years which can be extended further for successive periods of one year at a time.