Home / Central Europe & Baltic States Rail Data & News / Latvian Railways awarded EUR 9 million contract for the supply of concrete sleepers

Latvian Railways awarded EUR 9 million contract for the supply of concrete sleepers

Latvian Railways (LDz) awarded to the Polish company Group Track Tec SA a EUR 9 million contract for the supply of 172 thousand prestressed concrete sleepers, as part of the 90 km track renewal on the East – West  Railway Corridor. Delivery will be made in 2014-2015.

Track renewal will be carried out in a number of city and county municipalities – Daugavpils, Jēkabpils, Jelgavas, Salaspils, Kokneses, Krustpils, Daugavpils, Ludzas, Rēzeknes, Vecumnieku, Krāslavas, Iecavas.

For the supply of rails,  a  EUR 8.96 million contract was signed with Latvian company Sigmen. 

Total project costs, also including level crossing & civil engineering works, amount to 46.24 million euros, of which 75.8 per cent covered by the EU Cohesion Fund, while the remaining 24.2 percent (11.2 million) is provided by LDz.

Check Also

Nokia's communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia's first mass rapid transit line

Nokia’s communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia’s first mass rapid transit line

Nokia has supplied a mission-critical communications network to LG CNS – a Korea-based systems integrator …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *