Moldovan Railways intends to use part of the proceeds of a loan administered by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for the Moldoval Railways Restructuring project.
The proposed project, which has a total estimated cost of 100750000 EUR, will require the procurement of the following:
- acquisition of around 10 new multi-purpose locomotives and provision of related depot facilities;
- introduction of energy management system;
- consulting services for a feasibility study to identify priority infrastructure investments;
- conducting necessary rail infrastructure rehabilitation works (mainly replacement of track and ballast) within the existing corridors, to be confirmed at a later stage;
- consultancy services for the supervision of the above rehabilitation works.
Tendering for the above contracts is expected to begin at the end of November 2015.