PKP Intercity has started the investment plan for the modernisation 470 coaches and locomotives. In a first phase of the program, the company will lunch a tender for the modernization of 60 coaches and 7 locomotives.
Starting with January PKP Intercity will contract from its ZUT Remtrak the modernisation and periodic repair services for more than 400 coaches (level of maintenance P4). The contract vale is estimated at PLN 76 million net (over 92 million gross). All coaches will be upgraded for 160 or 200km/h operation and will be equipped with new seats, air conditioning, power sockets and an electronic passenger information system.
The modernization of 7 EU / EP07 electric locomotives is also subject of the tender procedures. Upgrading works will provide for new driver’s seats, air-conditioning, electrically heated window and sunshades.
“We start another wave of investments in rolling stock. In the next two years we will focus on the modernization and repair of the wagons we currently have. In the first phase, we want to improve as quickly as possible their reliability and to raise the standard of equipment and the comfort and safety of our passengers. This also involves carrying out investments in the production capacity of our subsidiary ZUT Remtrak”, said Jacek Leonkiewicz, President of PKP Intercity.
A detailed description of the rolling stock modernisation tenders:
- The modernization and periodic repair (level of maintenance P5) of 11 passenger coaches (Type 134A, 145A, 144A). Deadline for submitting offers: 10 February 2016.
- The modernization and periodic repair (level of maintenance P5) of 20 passenger coaches type 141A. Deadline for submitting offers: 11 February 2016.
- The modernization and periodic repair (level of maintenance P5) of 26 passenger coaches (Type 111A, 140A / 112A). Deadline for submitting offers: 12 February 2016.
- The modernization and periodic repair (level of maintenance P5) of 3 passenger coaches type Z1A. Deadline for submitting offers: 15 February 2016.
- Periodic repairs (level of maintenance P5), including the modernization of 7 electric locomotives. Deadline for submitting offers: 16 February 2016.