Polish rail infrastructure manger PKP PLK has submitted for consultation a list of 13 railway development projects for Podlaskie region, to be included in the National Railway Programe. The value of the main 12 projects reaches PLN 2.5 bn (EUR 580 million). One project worth PLN 1.7 bn is currently on the waiting list: Works on the E 75 railway line in Białystok – Suwałki – Trakiszki – PL/LT border section, (planed for financing under CEF third call).
The main 12 projects are:
1. Works on the line E 75, section Czyżew – Bialystok (CEF)
2. Works on railway line No. 6, Białystok – Sokółka – Kuźnica Białostocka (state border) section
3. Works on railway line No. 32 on Bialystok – Bielsk Podlaski (Lewek) section
4. Works on the railway line No. 31, on the voivodeship gr. section Czeremcha – Hajnówka
5. Works on the railway line No. 52, Lewki – Hajnówka
6. Revitalization of the railway line No. 59 on the section of the state border – Chryzanów
7. Revitalization of the railway line No. 57 on the section Kuźnica Białostocka – Gieniusze
9. Revitalization of the railway line No. 36, on the Łapy – Śniadowo – voivodeship gr. section
10. Revitalization of the railway line No. 49 on the section Śniadowo – Lomza
11. Work on the line 32, Lewki – Czeremcha section
12. The improvement of the technical condition of the railway infrastructure in the areas of border crossings: border crossing in Kuźnica Białostocka and Siemianowka border (national)
“The implementation of railway investments in Podlaskie will improve the quality of passenger service and the safety of trains. Works on the route Warsaw – Bialystok will cut journey time to less than 2 hours. They will improve communication in the region and interregional traffic, for exemple, journey time from Siedlce to Bialystok will be shorter by about 40 minutes” said Ireneusz Merchel, president of PKP PLK.