The Romanian government intends to allocate RON 2635 million (EUR 585 m) for railway and metro infrastructure projects, according to the 2016 proposed state budget. The priority is to accelerate the implementation of projects approved in the General Transport Master Plan. This includes emergency release of all preconditions for starting the projects which are not started (e.g. Expropriations, studies, contracts) and implementation of the following projects with funding allocated for 2016, which are under implementation or ready to be launched:
Heavy rail projects:
1. Modernization of Sighisoara – Coşlariu – Simeria railway section – RON 542 m
2. Modernization km. 614 – Gurasada – Simeria railway line section – RON 348 m
3. Modernization of Brasov – Sighisoara railway- RON 887 m
1. Line M5: Drumul Taberei – Eroilor (11.5 km tunnel + 10 stations)- Ron 588
2. Line M4: Parc Bazilescu – Străuleşti (2.1 km tunnel + 2 stops) – RON 270
3. Line M6: 1 Mai – Henri Coanda Airport. M6 metro line project will be introduced in the budget, on the first rectification, according to the deadlines for the public procurement process completion.
The budget allocation for transport infrastructure projects will be supplemented by a mechanism already agreed with the Ministry of Finance, depending on the progress of the works.