Home / EMEA / Russian Railways consolidates 100% stake in Black Sea Ferries operator

Russian Railways consolidates 100% stake in Black Sea Ferries operator

Russian Railways Holding consolidated 100% stake in Black Sea Ferries Investment, announced yesterday its subsidiary RZD Logistics.

Russian Railways acquired a 51% stake in Black Sea Ferry Investment (BFI), the operator of the ferry service linking Port of Poti (Georgia) with Kavkaz Port (Russia), in May 2009. The remaining 49% were owned by Reserve Capital Enterprising Corporation.

Yesterday, RZD Logistics announced the ownership of 49% of BFI.

“In this way, the company is fully transferred to the management of RZD Holding. By acquiring the shares, our company expands its transportation and logistics services portfolio, adding services for transportation of goods by rail & sea in the Black and Baltic Seas”  stated a representative RZD Logistics. 

Source* Prime

Check Also

Nokia's communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia's first mass rapid transit line

Nokia’s communications network to support railway operations on Malaysia’s first mass rapid transit line

Nokia has supplied a mission-critical communications network to LG CNS – a Korea-based systems integrator …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *