Russian Railways’ subsidiary RZD International LLC, which specialises in implementing the RZD Holding’s overseas infrastructure projects, and Bulgaria’s state-owned enterprise National Railway Infrastructure Company have signed a memorandum of understanding in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The document is the next step in cooperation between Russia and Bulgaria on railway transport, whose foundations were laid in a memorandum on cooperation which was signed between Russian Railways and Bulgarian State Railways in Kazakhstan’s capital Astana on 6 May 2014.
The memorandum of understanding was signed by RZD International’s Managing Director Sergei Pavlov and by National Railway Infrastructure Company CEO Milcho Lambrev.
The memorandum forms the basis for cooperation between the companies in the following areas:
- involving RZD International LLC in new railway construction projects and the modernisation of existing railway lines in Bulgaria;
- joint participation in infrastructure projects in third countries;
- exchange of information about national railway construction and development plans;
- exchange of technologies and experience in infrastructure construction;
- transfer and implementation of materials and designs in the framework of projects involving innovative Russian technologies, as well as of experience in railway construction and management;
- training of Bulgarian professionals in specialist Russian railway study and research centres according to the agreed programmes.