Warsaw Metro has opened the bids in the tender for the extension of Warsaw Metro Line 2 with six new stations (3 + 3). Five companies submitted offers for the 3.4 km extension to the west and four for for the 3.1 km extension to the east.
The companies and consortia competing for the western section, from Rondo Daszyńskiego to Wolska, Moczydlo, and Ksiecia Janusza are:
- Inżynieria Rzeszów – ZUE, PLN 1.3 bn
- Torpol -Publiczna Spółka Akcyjna KYJIWMETROBUD – Tines Engineering, PLN 1.2
- DOĞUŞ İnşaat ve TİCARET PLN 1.5 bn
- Metrostav Polska S.A PLN 1.8 bn
- Gülermak Ağir Sanayi İnşaat ve Taahhüt PLN 1.1 bn
The companies and consortia competing for eastern section, from Dworzec Wileński to Swedzka and Targowek, are:
- Budimex – Ferrovial Agroman, PLN 1.8
- Vianini Lavori S.p.A. – Grandi Lavori Fincosit S.p.A – Impresa Construzioni Giuseppe Maltauro – Mota – Engil Central Europe, PLN 1.1
- Astaldi S.p.A, PLN 1 bn
According to the tender documents the construction of the new stations should take no longer than 38 months and could be completed by 2019.
The project is financed under the ‘Infrastructure and environment’ EU programme.
With the construction of the new six stations, the Line 2 will then have 13.5 kilometers of tunnels and 13 stations. In addition, by 2022 the municipality plans the construction of another five new stations.